- 240g POWDER
- TWO SCOOPS DAILY
- 30 DAY SUPPLY
HMB is important in muscle health. It is stored in the muscles and used to build, maintain and repair muscle cells.
Creatine is stored in the muscle and acts as a very rapid, but limited source of energy for very high intensity muscle contractions.
The body makes HMB by breaking down the amino acid leucine found in the protein we eat. Only about 5% of leucine is turned into HMB.
The HMB made by the body is topped up with HMB found in food. Some foods, like alfalfa, fish and grapefruit, contain higher amounts of HMB.
The body makes creatine in the liver, kidneys, and the pancreas by breaking down the amino acids glycine and arginine found in dietary protein.
We top up this creatine with that found in the food we eat. Red meat as well as certain fish, like herring, are high in creatine.
Research shows that taking 3-5g/day of creatine increases strength and muscle mass in training athletes. (19)
Creatine adds body water weight. This can be good for strength athletes, but can inhibit athletes working on body weight movements, speed or endurance. (20)
HMB is thought to work by slowing muscle protein breakdown and speeding protein production in muscle. This has a protective effect, reducing exercise induced damage, and also speeds recovery and adaptation. (18)
Creatine is thought to work by increasing the body's store of Creatine-Phosphate (CR-P). CR-P provides energy rapidly when doing high intensity explosive movements such as a clean, a snatch or a sprint start. (21)
HMB+ Creatine is for:
Weight lifters not currently cutting weight
CrossFit affiliate athletes who want to increase strength
Sports athletes who want to increase power
Athletes who want to increase muscle mass
Blonyx products are made in a GMP compliant manufacturing facility in the USA. The facility is compliant with both the FDA and Health Canada regulations.
We hold both product licenses and a site license with Health Canada. This means that the ingredients we use, and the facility we manufacture in, meet standards set by Health Canada. We are also required to test our finished products in an independent lab to ensure that they always meet label claims.
Blonyx is one of the few companies to hold a license to sell HMB. Licensed products must state this on the label: "Nutritional uses of Calcium β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate are licensed to Metabolic Technologies Inc. under U.S. Patent #6, 103, 764". For a list of licensed brands, go to: www.hmb.org
We regularly test our supplement products for banned substances in the same labs that run the Informed Choice certification (LGC) [hyperlink this to the above page too]. On top of this, Blonyx supplements are manufactured in a Texas based independent facility that holds GMP registration with both Informed Choice and NSF (for sport). This is our way of ensuring we produce the highest quality products while limiting the risk of contamination with banned substances.
When should I take Blonyx?
Make sure you take Blonyx HMB+ Creatine twice a day, every day – including rest days. The HMB in the product works much better if taken consistently and will help repair muscle while recovering.
Do I need to cycle on and off Blonyx?
There is no reason to cycle off the product. There is no research to show cycling creatine has a benefit, and HMB supplementation should be kept consistent to get the best results.
Do I need to load up on Blonyx when I first start taking it?
No. Where creatine loading has been used in many studies, there are also studies showing you get the same results without loading. We feel that, as this is the case, we see no reason for you to take more and find that it may even cause stomach cramping.
How long will it take for me to notice training improvements?
If you are not taking creatine prior to taking HMB+ Creatine, then you may notice muscle weight gain within the first week of taking it. You may also notice quick jumps in strength by week two. HMB has a slower, but more consistent and continuous effect that becomes noticeable after 3-4 weeks.
How will Blonyx affect my training?
The creatine in Blonyx HMB+ Creatine will add muscle mass and a jump in strength relatively quickly. HMB will noticeably reduce muscle soreness, and will also maintain the power you can generate from sore muscles. You will be able to train harder and more frequently, which will speed improvements.
What's the best way to take Blonyx?
This comes down to personal choice. Having absolutely no additives whatsoever, the taste of Blonyx HMB+ Creatine is a little bitter. This can be easily masked by it being added to coffee, a protein shake or smoothie - even food. That being said, athletes have reported that adding just a little water and downing it is a quick solution.
1. Thomson et al. (2009): Controlled 9 week study on trained men. HMB increased lean mass, decreased fat mass and resulted in a substantial increase in lower body strength. Read the research
2. Nissen & Sharp (2003): A meta-analysis of all research to date on supplementation for strength and mass. Found that HMB and creatine are the only two supplements that have been shown to enhance strength and mass with resistance training. Read the research
3. Rowlans & Thomson (2009): A meta-analysis of existing research. HMB supplementation resulted in clear overall increases in strength in men starting a resistance training program, but the benefit of HMB in trained athletes was smaller. Read the research
4. Vukovich et al. (2001): Controlled 8 week study in weight training elderly men. HMB increased muscle strength and lean mass while increasing fat loss. Read the research
5. Lamboley et al. (2007): Placebo controlled study in college students. HMB supplementation increased maximal oxygen consumption by 5%. Read the research
6. Jowko et al. (2001): Controlled study in weight training males using creatine and HMB in combination. HMB and creatine supplementation results in even greater strength and lean gains than either HMB or creatine supplementation alone. Read the research
7. Baier et al. (2009): 1 year long controlled study in the elderly. HMB with two amino acids increased lean mass and protein turnover in older adults. Read the research
8. Slater et al. (2001): Controlled study in trained males. HMB enhanced strength and mass but the increases were small over the research period. Read the research
9. Vukovich & Dreifort (2001): Controlled study in trained cyclists. HMB supplementation increased cyclist endurance as measured by VO2 peak and lactic acid build-up. Read the research
10. Panton et al. (2000): Controlled study using male and female trained and untrained subjects. The study showed that regardless of gender or prior training, HMB increases strength and minimizes muscle damage when combined with a four week resistance-training program. Read the research
11. Kraemer et al. (2009): 12 week study on resistance trained men. HMB combined with two amino acids doubled the effects of training on lean mass and increased fat loss. Read the research
12. Gallagher et al. (2000): Controlled study with male weight lifters. HMB increased lean mass and peak muscle torques. It also decreased blood markers of muscle damage. Read the research
13. Knitter et al. (2000): Controlled study in male and female runners. HMB reduced muscle damage after a prolonged run as well as the perception of muscle soreness. Read the research
14. Kreider et al. (1999): Controlled study of 40 experienced, resistance trained men over just 4 weeks. HMB numerically increased lean mass and strength over the period of the study. Read the research
15. Wilson et al. (2008): A review of research on HMB. Concluded that collectively there is not only clinical data, but also mechanistic data supporting HMB's effect on increasing muscle mass and strength. Read the research
16. Nissen et al. (1996): Two controlled studies in weight training males for three and seven weeks. HMB increased strength and muscle mass while reducing muscle damage in all subjects. Read the research
17. Ransone et al. (2003): Controlled study in 35 trained collegiate football players. HMB increased muscle mass and reduced body fat however this was not statistically significant probably because the athletes only used HMB for 4 weeks so gains were small. Read the research
18. Wilson et al. (2013): The official position paper of the International Society of Sports Nutrition on HMB supplementation. HMB is one of the few supplements considered to be both safe and effective by the society. Read the research
19. Cooper et al. (2012): An updated review on creatine supplementation research by the International Society of Sports Nutrition. Read the research
20. Francaux & Poortmans (1999): A placebo controlled study that observed a 2kg average increase in body water content in athletes taking creatine monohydrate. Read the research
21. Hall & Trojian (2013): A recent review of the science behind creatine supplementation. Read the research
22. Durkalec-Michalski & Jeszca (2016): A placebo controlled crossover study in 58 highly trained male athletes showed an increase in lean mass, reduction in fat mass and improvements in aerobic training performance. Read the research